Sunday 22 February 2015

Is Poppy really like Hairy Maclary ?






 
What do you think ?







I think they are very alike 












We have had our beautiful puppy Poppy since May 2014 ,
a few times when we have been in parks or Hampstead Heath
 we have had people stop us to say
"your dog is Hairy Maclary have you seen the books ? "
No we had never heard or seen these books ,
 but whenever we Was told this I had got the name wrong ,
I tried goggling Mary Mcscary, Hairy Mcfairy,
I never found anything on my searches.
,Then Yesterday I had dropped Jack off at football training then
went for a walk around Primrose Hill,
I was waiting for my son Terry so sat on a bench for a rest
Poppy was off chasing other dogs as she does ,
Then a lovely couple come up to me and asked what type
of dog is she, so I explained a Bichon & German Spitz mix
Then the Gentleman say's
" have you seen the book Hairy Mclary From Donaldson's Dairy ,
your dog is the image of the dog in the book ?
she is beautiful and very unique "
I explained no I hadn't seen it but have been stopped and told
this on a number of occasions but was unable to find anything,
so the lady wrote the name down for me saying you 
must go and look it up your be surprised.
So I did and I was !! 

There really is an uncanny resemblance 
between them Hairy Maclary looks like he has all
of  Poppy's cheekiness and mischievous character























So now I am looking forward to buying some of the book's
and reading them to my Grandchildren,
I'm so pleased to have finally found them so next time
I get stopped and asked I can say yes I have
xx 

2 comments:

  1. awe, poppy is adorable, the books are fantastic as well, can see where people are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how sweet. Little man loves Hairy Maclairy from the Donaldon's Dairy, and Poppy looks like Hairy! x
    www.lilinhaangel.com

    ReplyDelete