Saturday 7 February 2015

Dr Toxic's Slime Lab



My grandson Jack got this for Christmas 
so thought it about time we got it out and had a go , 
firstly  we prepared a space on the table and emptied the contents of the box 
there was quite a lot of bits so i did wonder what have i let myself in for to start with ,
 luckily the instructions was very clear everything was labeled numbered and pictured
so it was easily to identify everything and see what it looked like


     
                                                      
   
Jack really go into it the part putting on the goggles he says 
 "call me the mad scientist "
so to begin with we built the lab 
filled the pool with water then started adding all the ingredients ,
1/2 a scoop of worm setting powder , stirred till it was dissolved,
then the worm goo followed by some colored powder



           


Then all he had to do was keep turning the worm pool and squeeze the worm goo dispenser to release the goo into the water ,spin the pool a little more then after a few seconds remove the goo you have made with the tweezers supplied , 



                    


I have to say after the first attempt it did get easier 
Jack wasn't very impressed with his first piece of goo he pulled out of the pool
 as it was just a tiny little thing ,
 but he done it again which resulted in a long dangly piece of goo
 "that's more like it he said" 
by this time Max had got involved and sat watching everything jack was doing 


Max was loving the goggles and once on he wouldn't take them off 
if there was ever a mad scientist it was him !



 They did manage to get quite a lot of goo made and filled a little tub of it ,
 they also had good fun making it ,
 Max happily played with the goo afterwards where as by this time Jack 
had made the goo got bored and moved onto something else
It was good it passed a couple of hours
 doing something fun different and creative 
Jack being 9 did get a bit bored after a while
 but Max stayed with it 
tho he is only 4 and it is for 8+ 
I feel it is something that will get opened and used then put away in 
the box and forgotten about as once you have done it you'v done it !
 I don't think it is something they will want to do very often 

But over all I think they quite enjoyed being scientist's while it lasted 


3 comments:

  1. My son loved this at that age, but it was not as big a pack. cannot beat goo and slime especially for children. Love the goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, when I was a kid, my favorite toy I got was a chemistry science lab thing. It was awesome. I loved doing the experiements!

    myunsettlinglife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ThAt looks fun! A bit to messy for me I think x

    ReplyDelete